Kale & Brussels Sprout Salad
This flavorful salad comes together in minutes! The mustard-shallot vinaigrette adds a nice bite and the Pecorino is creamy and nutty.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 small garlic clove finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt plus more for seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large bunches of Tuscan kale about 1 1/2 lb. total, center stem discarded, leaves thinly sliced
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts trimmed, finely grated or shredded with a knife
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely grated Pecorino
Combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard, shallot, garlic, 1/2 tsp. salt, and a pinch of pepper in a small bowl. Stir to blend; set aside to let flavors meld.
Mix thinly sliced kale and shredded Brussels sprouts in a large bowl.
Slowly whisk olive oil into lemon-juice mixture. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
Add dressing and cheese to kale mixture; toss to coat. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Garnish with almonds.