Whether you're looking for heartier sides like mashed potatoes and stuffed peppers, or lighter ones like salads, I've got all of the best options for side dishes to pair with your sloppy joes. And I didn't forget dessert!
You can never go wrong with classic comfort food like sloppy joes. They're easy, nostalgic, and so satisfying.
My updated and healthier recipe for texas toast sloppy joes is made meatless, using lentils and mushrooms to create a meaty texture that is high in protein. My vegetarian version is smoky, tangy, savory, and just as messy as the original!
What Are Good Sides for Sloppy Joes?
But what are good sloppy joes sides? No worries, because I've got you covered with 23 easy side dishes that pair well with this old-school classic.
Whether you are looking for healthier options like salads and roasted vegetables, heartier ideas like roasted and mashed potatoes, I've got so many delicious recipes for you to choose from.
Of course, I couldn't leave out dessert in this list. To me, sloppy joes evoke summertime, so I've included some of my favorite summery sweets for you to pair with your sloppy joes. Enjoy!
- What Are Good Sides for Sloppy Joes?
- 1. Stuffed Zucchini Boats with Rice
- 2. Summer Tortellini Salad
- 3. Black Bean Corn Avocado Salsa
- 4. Creamy Cucumber Avocado Gazpacho
- 5. Roasted Japanese Sweet Potato Fries
- 6. Easy Tuscan Bean Salad
- 7. Smoky Eggplant Chips
- 8. Red Skin Mashed Potatoes with Garlic
- 9. Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad with Chickpeas and Avocado
- 10. Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers
- 11. Cumin Roasted Carrots with Yogurt Sauce
- 12. Apple Walnut Goat Cheese Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
- 13. Roasted Red Potatoes with Cilantro Chimichurri
- 14. Vegan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic
- 15. Peach Crisp with Brown Butter Crumble
- 16. Death By Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 17. Vegan Fruit Tart
- 18. Vegan S'mores Bars
- 19. Vegan Peanut Butter Pie
- 20. Apricot (Gluten-Free) Galette
- 21. (No Bake) Black Forest Pie
- 22. Strawberry Cornmeal Cake
- 23. Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake
- Related Recipes
17. Vegan Fruit Tart
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. You can also stay in touch with us through social media by following us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook or by subscribing to our newsletter.