Now that we are having friends over again, I wanted to create a fun cocktail that would be perfect for summer. I love a light and refreshing cocktail on warm days, so I created this pink grapefruit vodka cocktail with rosemary that is very beautiful and festive.
In this summery cocktail, grapefruit juice adds both tartness and sweetness, sparkling water adds bubbles to almost turn it into a spritzer, and rosemary sprigs add a subtle herby-ness that complements the grapefruit juice. And if you want to make a non-alcoholic version, you can easily omit the vodka.
- Vokda – I prefer Absolut Vodka, but any brand of vodka will do.
- Grapefruit juice – I used the generic brand at my local grocery store. If you live somewhere where grapefruit is plentiful and/or cheap, go ahead and juice as many grapefruits as necessary to make 2 cocktail servings.
- Sparkling water – I used lemon-flavored sparkling water. You could also use grapefruit-flavored sparkling water, or just regular sparkling water as well.
- Rosemary sprigs – I have a rosemary plant in my backyard so I snipped a few sprigs from that, but you can find fresh rosemary easily at your local market (or farmers market).
After more than a year of cooking and baking up a storm simply because that is how I deal with my anxiety, I want my time in the kitchen to be as easy as possible. This pink grapefruit vodka cocktail recipe requires no fancy equipment, takes all of 5 minutes, and is so delicious and satisfying.
Pro tip: If you want a stronger rosemary flavor and have a muddler on hand, you could muddle the rosemary and add to your grapefruit juice/vodka mixture before shaking to combine.
Enjoy your week, and feel free to drop me a line in the comments – I would love to hear if you try this recipe! Or tag me on Instagram @maryannehoekstra to let me know how it turned out! Also, if you are enjoying my blog, please consider recommending it to your friends. They can subscribe here.
What To Serve With Pink Grapefruit Cocktail
Pink Grapefruit Cocktail
- 4 ounces vodka
- 8 ounces grapefruit juice
- 8 ounces sparkling water
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 2 slices of grapefruit (optional)
- Pour vodka and grapefruit juice into a container with lid. Shake vigorously for about 10 seconds.
- Pour into glasses and add sparkling water and rosemary sprigs. If using grapefruit slices as garnish, add to glass rims.