An easy and healthy no bake chocolate avocado pudding! Top it with peanuts, hazelnuts, coconut, or berries!
I’ve been in “aggressive denial” mode lately, if that is a thing. The one-year anniversary of my sister’s death is coming up on June 19th, and I am doing everything I can to not think about it. I can’t believe it’s almost been one year already. I thought about going back to Minnesota to be with my parents, to commemorate my sister somehow on the 19th. But after thinking about it for a while, I decided I just couldn’t do it. In my mind, I thought if I didn’t go back to Minnesota to acknowledge my sister’s death, then I wouldn’t have to acknowledge it at all.
But a few weeks ago my mom decided she wanted to come out to NYC to be with me that week. And now, I am relieved that we will be together and I won’t have to spend the day without a family member. It will be a rough day, regardless. But to make that night a bit less painful, or simply to just distract us, I bought my mom and I tickets to a women’s literary salon that I thought we would both enjoy.
Chocolate Is My Love Language
Chocolate has always been a good distraction for me throughout my life, and it’s been working overtime lately. I think I’ve said this before on my blog, but to me, people who don’t like chocolate at all are like alien creatures. Their taste receptors are faulty as far as I am concerned. I just felt the need to reiterate that. 🙂
Thank goodness for healthy chocolate options! This no bake chocolate avocado pudding is one of my favorite desserts to make at home. I make it pretty regularly simply because I am always in the mood for chocolate, and it’s a great healthy way to get my chocolate fix. AND there are so many ways to change the flavor profile: top it with peanuts, hazelnuts, coconut, berries, whatever! I hope it becomes a staple in your kitchen.
Chocolate Recipes from Gastronotherapy
Enjoy your week, and feel free to drop me a line in the comments – I would love to hear if you try this recipe! Or tag me on Instagram @maryannehoekstra to let me know how it turned out! Also, if you are enjoying my blog, please consider recommending it to your friends. They can subscribe here.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 2 medium-size ripe avocados
- 6-8 dates soaked in warm water for 10 minutes and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fair trade cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp. instant espresso or coffee
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Add avocados, dates, cocoa powder, vanilla, yogurt, instant espresso, and salt to a food processor. Blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Turn machine off and scrape down sides of bowl using a rubber spatula. Add almond milk and continue to blend for an additional 2 minutes. (The mixture will thicken after chilling in the refrigerator.)
- Spoon the pudding into an airtight container and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.