Peanut butter fudge cookies that are rich and fudgy, and just 4 ingredients! Perfect for an afternoon snack or healthy treat!
This (vegan AND gluten-free) peanut butter fudge cookie recipe is a new favorite of mine! Rich and fudgy, these cookies taste incredibly indulgent but are naturally sweetened with bananas instead of sugar. So you can eat them guilt-free! I like to think of them as “The Elvis” of cookies. 😉 These cookies are a perfect afternoon pick-me-up that will satisfy any sweet tooth!
What’s more, this recipe has 4 simple and healthy ingredients and the cookies are ready to eat in just 15 minutes. So, if you are short on time and are in need of a healthy and delicious snack/dessert/breakfast, these peanut butter fudge cookies are for you!
Why This Recipe Works
Tasty – If you are a peanut butter and banana fan like I am, you are going to love this recipe. The cookies are sweet, salty, rich, fudgy, and so addictive!
Healthy – Whether you eat these peanut butter fudge cookies for breakfast, dessert, or as a snack, you can feel good about eating them. They contain no added sugar, are flour-less, and are full of vitamins & minerals.
Super Easy – I don’t think cookies can get any easier to make than this recipe! Just mix the ingredients in a bowl and bake for 10 minutes. Easy-peasy!
Just 4 Ingredients Needed!
All-natural peanut butter, no sugar added
Flaky sea salt (optional)
How To Make Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies
- Step 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Step 2. Place mashed bananas in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add peanut butter, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Mix until well incorporated.
- Step 3. Using a medium-sized cookie scoop or large spoon, place cookie dough onto lined baking sheet. Press down slightly on cookies using a fork or back of spoon. Sprinkle cookies with flaky sea salt (if using).
- Step 4. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool completely. Can be refrigerated for up to 4 days or stored in freezer.
Recipe Notes and Helpful Tips
This recipe calls for all-natural peanut butter that is unsweetened. However, if you do choose to use sweetened peanut butter, I would recommend only using 2 bananas so the cookies do not become overly sweet.
Peanut butter fudge cookies should be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. You can also place the cookies into a freezer bag and store them in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Although you can eat the cookies shortly after taking them out of the oven, I prefer to eat them after they have chilled in the refrigerator for several hours. They develop a thick, fudgy texture that I love.
More Cookie Recipe Ideas!
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Lemon Rosemary Shortbread Cookies
- Black Bean Chocolate Cookies
- Coconut Macaroons with Chocolate Chips
Enjoy your week, and feel free to drop me a line in the comments – I would love to hear if you try this recipe! Or tag me on Instagram @maryannehoekstra to let me know how it turned out! Also, if you are enjoying my blog, please consider recommending it to your friends. They can subscribe here.
Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies (Vegan and Gluten-Free)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup all-natural peanut butter, no sugar added
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon flaky sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place mashed bananas in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add peanut butter, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Mix until well incorporated.
- Using a medium-sized cookie scoop or large spoon, place cookie batter onto lined baking sheet. Press down slightly on cookies using a fork or back of spoon. Sprinkle cookies with flaky sea salt (if using).
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cookies cool completely. Can be refrigerated up to 4 days or stored in freezer.