Tuna Steak Salad with Wasabi Vinaigrette
A delicious and healthy meal that is ready in a matter of minutes!
- 2 ahi tuna steaks 6 ounces each
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 ounces mixed pre-washed salad greens
- 4 scallions sliced
- 1/2 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/2 ripe avocado sliced
- 15 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil separated
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Coat your steaks with salt and pepper. Place 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a saute pan, and heat pan over high heat. Add tuna steaks to the hot pan and sear tuna 2 minutes on each side. Remove tuna from heat.
Combine greens, scallions, cucumber, avocado, and tomatoes in a bowl.
In a smaller bowl, whisk wasabi, vinegar and soy sauce. Whisk in 2 tbsp. olive oil and 2 tbsp. sesame oil to combine dressing.
Drizzle dressing over your salad and toss to coat evenly. Slice tuna on an angle and arrange on the salad. Sprinkle salad with toasted sesame seeds.